Dinner and a Show? New Brunswick Offers Best Staycation Location
This week's Reader's Choice poll asked where you go when you can't go away on vacation. The winner is New Brunswick.
When they can't get away, Patch readers say that dinner and a show in New Brunswick ranks as their favorite staycation location, with 28 percent of the vote. Hiking and other outdoor activities at the Mapleton Preserve in Kingston came in second (19 percent) and the Crystal Springs Family Aquatic Center came in third (13 percent).
For information on night life in New Brunswick, see Hub City Night Life, our New Brunswick entertainment guide.
Below are the rankings for those that received votes in the poll, which closed today at 10 a.m.
- New Brunswick: Dinner and a show at one of New Brunswick’s three theater and concert venues: Crossroads Theatre, George Street Playhouse or State Theatre.
- South Brunswick: Hiking and other outdoor activities at the Mapleton Preserve.
- East Brunswick: A day of water fun at Crystal Springs Family Aquatic Center.
- East Windsor/Hightstown: Farmers market, concerts and paddle boats in Hightstown and East Windsor.
- New Brunswick, Kingston, Princeton, Lawrence: Canoing or hiking the Delaware & Raritan Canal State Park.
- New Brunswick: Take a tour of farming history at the New Jersey Museum of Agriculture.
- New Brunswick: A visit to the Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum at Rutgers.
- Princeton: Dinner and a movie at the Garden Theater.
- Princeton: Dinner and a show at McCarter Theater.
- Princeton: A visit to the Princeton University Art Museum.
Editor's note: Because this poll is not scientific, it is not the sole consideration in choosing a winner. The winner will be determined by the Patch editor, based on poll results, comments, ratings and reviews on the Patch Directory.