The New Jersey Society of CPAs College Scholarship Program provides scholarships to accounting students at New Jersey colleges. The scholarships are available to college students currently in their junior year or seniors who will be entering an accounting-related graduate program.
New Jersey college students who meet the following criteria are invited to apply for a NJSCPA college scholarship. Each student should be:
- A resident of New Jersey attending a New Jersey college or university.
- An accounting major, or have a concentration in accounting, with at least 12 credits in accounting completed by the end of the Spring 2013 semester.
- Currently junior-year status or above in an undergraduate program.
- Enrolled in an accounting related program in the Spring 2013 semester or entering an accounting related program in the Fall 2013 semester.
The application contains the following components:
- Student Application Form - Apply Online or download our printable application
- Essay (up to 500 words) - can be submitted online or via mail. Your essay should address at least one of the following topics:
- Why you chose accounting
- Activities and experiences that have influenced your commitment to the profession
- How you plan to utilize your studies and experiences to achieve a career in accounting
- Letter of recommendation from an accounting professor
- Official transcript through the fall 2012 semester. Must be submitted directly from the academic institution.
DEADLINE: Application form, essay (if not submitted online) AND resume, recommendation, and official transcript must be received by Friday, January 11, 2013.
Scholarship finalists are required to attend a personal interview on Saturday, January 26, 2013 at the office of Ernst & Young in Iselin, NJ. The snow date is Saturday, February 2, 2013.
Scholarships will be awarded at the NJSCPA Scholarship Awards Ceremony on April 25, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Lauren Matullo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-226-4494 x241.