Our breastfeeding class is for expectant parents that are considering breastfeeding their newborn. The prenatal breastfeeding class is taught by a board certified lactation consultant and is offered one Saturday morning every month.
The instructor will review:
- benefits of breastfeeding for both the baby and mother
- Promote skin to skin and early latch in the delivery room
- Discuss how the lactating breast functions
- Review positioning, proper latch, transfer of breast milk, and signs of hydration
- Pumping, storage of breast milk and returning to work.
Call Parent Education at 732-745-8579 to register for a class.